How to Choose the Right Car Stereo System
When Choosing the right car stereo system for your car there are many things to consider. There are so many car audio companies it’s hard to decide what is right for you. Don’t waste your time and money getting a system, just to find out later it’s not what you wanted. We asked the top car audio Oahu company for advice on how to choose the best system and hear is what they said. These guys here at Car Stereo Express in Hawaii know car audio better than anyone else and they put together a simple list to help you decide what’s bet for you.
- When deciding about a system the first thing you should consider is your budget. A good car audio system can get very expensive but you don’t have to break the bank to get a decent sound. If you don’t know how much you are willing to spend, a shop will not be able to put together a system that is right for you. Usually they say a good start would be from $700 and up for a starting system. This should include labor also. It is not unheard of for someone to spend in the thousands for a car audio system if they want the best stuff.
- Start with the head unit first. once you have an idea of what you are willing to spend, start by choosing a proper head unit. The head unit is a very important component of a system and going to cheap will really hurt your sound quality. If money is an issue, just changing the head unit can greatly increase your sound system quality.
- Think about how loud you want it to be. If you like a lot of bass, choose multiple subs. Car Stereo Express recommends most people get at least one 12″ sub because they feel twelves give the best all around performance for most music. Adding just a sub and amp can be more than enough for many people and besides a head unit it is one of if not the most noticeable difference you can make to your vehicle.
- Listen to as many speakers as you can. All speakers are not created equally. Everyone is designed to perform differently. Some will have more mids, while other will give greater highs. Listen to everything you can and decide what works best for your music.
- Add a four channel amp to your system. Once you choose your speakers, adding an amplifier to them will greatly increase their performance. Don’t go cheap on the four channel amp because cheaper amplifiers tend to produce what is called engine noise and that can drive you crazy and kill a good system.
- Don’t be cheap about installation. Unless you are a real enthusiast or have experience in installing car audio systems, have a professional shop install it for you. It will save you a lot of time and headache later. A professional stereo shop will guarantee their work and fix future problems for you. They will also help you do all the tuning so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy your knew system.
So that’s pretty much the basics of choosing a car audio system. If you would like more info about car audio or would like to get in touch with Car Stereo Express, you can find their contact information below.
98-072 Kamehameha Hwy
Aiea, Hi 96701